Friendly neighborhood cat here to give you some information on the vibe of this instance if you were interested on signing up. Other instances may have a code of conduct along with a moderation staff to enforce the rules of the community. I've decided not to run this instance that way. On this instance, it's run according to how I want it to run. This doesn't mean it's an unfriendly place or that I rule with an iron fist, it just means that I'm the sole staff person, and that will always be the case. And for rules, they're extremely loose because I like giving people tools to curate their own feeds as opposed to trying to manage everyone's feeds for them.
That being said, I'll give you a quick idea of what sort of things I'm looking to keep off the local and federated feeds here so you can know in advance if you'll fit in or not.
- No Nazis, or really any pro fascist, nationalistic hate rhetoric that exists out there
- We're queer friendly here, so any bigots can find themselves the door out of here
- You would think I could just put, "no racism" here, but a lot of people haven't figured out how to do that yet so I need to say a bit more about it. I'm a white guy, and for some that's an understandable dealbreaker (no hard feelings), but for others I want to stress that I'm gonna do whatever I can to make sure you're comfortable here within reason. If an instance is harassing you repeatedly, they're gone if you let me know. My bullshit capacity is at a all time low. If an instance doesn't want to action their users for their racist bullshit, then I'm not gonna host them here. If it's coming from one of the users here, they're gone. I'm no nonsense and not here to play games or debate those sort of folks. If it bugs you, it'll probably bug me and I'm gonna take care of it regardless of consequences. I don't give a shit about fediverse relationships.
- That being said, if you're someone who tends to get into a lot of petty internet spats, and want someone to look out for you on the home instance, you might want to keep looking. I'm not gonna tolerate any user harassing users of different instances or repeatedly getting into fights with people. I have no issues kicking you out if I'm getting a lot of reports about your behavior. If you're the one being harassed however, and it's clearly evident, I will take action for you in that case.
- I have a pretty lax policy when it comes to content warnings. I don't strictly enforce users to use them, but I do encourage people to use them when posting anything that could be potentially triggering for someone. I advocate users using their judgement here, and expect people to use CWs appropriately. I will not force people to use them. I am not omnipresent and don't particularly wish to try to be, so if you see a user not tagging something that is triggering you, I would ask that you just mute them.
- Speaking of muting people, I really do stress the features given to you by the platform. Instead of posting something you know will start an argument with someone, just block them instead. An entire instance of shitposters is bugging you? Block the whole instance on your own instead of asking me to defederate with them or starting shit with them. I'm not here to manage your feeds when people are annoying or tasteless.
- Really, just use common sense. If you act like an adult and treat other people like adults, you'll have no issues here.
This instance uses Mutant Standard emoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.